Thursday, June 26, 2008

Syndecrete, My Syndecrete



We've just finished the final measurements for our Syndecrete countertops. We loved this material so much that we decided to surround our tub and revamp our fireplace with it. A composite of natural minerals and recycled materials, this yummy stuff has twice the strength and half of weight of regular concrete. More importantly, it's just beautiful. I remember when I toured the first LEED office in California many years ago with my love, David. He told me green was a different aesthetic when I quietly bemoaned the relatively flat color value of green design. I was determined that this would not be so when it came to our own home, and Syndecrete is a major player in turning that idea on its ear.





Here are the colors and mix-ins (like ice cream!) that we selected:

No comments:

Post a Comment